Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dance Like No One Is Watching

...In the rain, of course!

You might think these photos are from today.  But they're from last week.  Or the week before.  It's been raining for so long it's all blurring together.

I had our house windows open, my kids were sleeping, and lots of excited shouts and cheers and laughter from the school across the street punctuated my day as it always does when I'm home with windows open in the warm weather months.  

It seemed unusually boisterous this day so I ran to the window to check it out.  And there I saw this little boy in khaki shorts and a blue polo.  Dancing.  Really DANCING. I watched.  And then I ran to get my camera because he lit up my afternoon.

See if you can find him in the set of photos below.  He was the first kid off the bus and the last one to enter the school.  I love that he soaked up every ounce of his rain dance before he had to head into the building.

This little dance party that I witnessed took place about a week after Joe and I made our final decision on which Kindergarten to send Max to this Fall.  You guessed it - we've decided he's going to go right across the street to our neighborhood school.  We had been debating for months between "our" school (the one we've always thought of as our school, since Joe and I bought our house 12 years ago) and a Mandarin immersion school that we very much liked...but ultimately decided against for a variety of reasons.  

The biggest factor, however, was choosing our school that is in our neighborhood that will be a huge part of our family's community as all our kids head to grade school.

Starting this Fall my windows will remain open longer and my ears will be high alert for all squeals of delight. I'll rush to the window hoping to see the same excitement coming from my Max.  






No comments:

Post a Comment