Thursday, November 28, 2013

Funny Things That Happened To Me: Volume Control

#TBT Alert

As I attempt to get back into regular blogging, there are quite a few posts I drafted (some quite a while ago) that I want to write up and post so I can hang on to the memories.  So why not make a "thing" of it...Throw Back Thursdays, Lot10LindenGrove style.

-----------------------------------------------------

(~2 years ago)


The other day while driving I kept reaching for the volume dial on my dashboard to turn it down.  Repeatedly.  It was totally an unconscious thing I was doing.  Clearly somehow it registered to me that it was too loud, so instinctively I'd reach for the radio volume dial and turn it waaaaay.dowwwwn.

But it.wasn't.getting.any.quieter.

It took me several attempts of "turning the dial down" until I realized the noise was coming from the backseat.  All three kids were just loud.  Wren was crying, Otto was babble shouting and Max - well, he never stops talking.

It took an episode similar to this happening a handful of times after Wren was born until my ears and mind just got accustomed to the elevated sounds at home and in the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment