Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas in July

Not only does she give the most amazing gifts (remember my astrological Skype session in Thailand with Omesh?), Christy is now giving them well in advance of the Holiday to be celebrated.




And so, this past July I opened a letter from Christy and immediately thought "She's done it again."  Thought of the most brilliant gift.  A gift that takes something I love and makes it a little Christy-er, scarier, or Full Throttler.

Inside the envelope was a clipping from a course catalog for a writing class at The Loft here in Minneapolis, and a note that read "Merry Christmas! Clear your calendar!"  Christy was sending me to a Food Blogging course in November.  Hell Yikes! 

What a treat to spend an entire morning at a class.  I've been out of college for over a dozen years.  During this time I've taken a fair amount of fun classes. But since Max was born the only kind of class I've cleared my calendar for were classes at the gym (and please don't let that statement lead you to believe there have been many of those, either).  

A couple weekends ago Christmas came early and I headed out of the house with enough time to stop by Lucia's to grab a homemade breakfast sandwich and coffee before getting to class.  

For the next several hours I joined fifteen other women and got a crash course in food blogging.  While I don't have any intention to immediately start a food blog, I do work for a pretty big food company and have a ton of interest in getting better at creating good food content for them.  It was also incredibly fun and fresh to learn from a room full of women who are not engrossed in corporate america.  Such a variety of points of view.  

I was introduced to a handful of new food blogs to follow as well.  The gift that keeps on giving!
Orangette
Matt Bites
Not Eating Out In New York
Pinch My Salt





No comments:

Post a Comment