Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

What you didn't see on FB & IG this past year.  Our "second string" family photos.  365 days condensed into a 7 minute photo slide show.    

Some highlights from 2013...


POP MUSIC
Our family photo slideshow is set to 1D this year, and that's purposeful. When I asked Joe for his input on what our "song of the year" was, he didn't pause for a moment before confirming One Direction (or Taylor Swift as a close 2nd).  

This year the boys (especially Max) have strong opinions on what music to listen to, and 1D and Taylor Swift always top the list (what can I say...I've introduced them to some great tunes in the car!). All three kids have started singing along to pop music. Even Wren, not-quite-two-years-old at the time, singing "Stay" by T. Swift.

Speaking of Taylor, I went to her concert this past fall with a super fun friend and colleague, and throughout the show all I kept thinking was how I can't wait to take the boys (Joe included, and probably Wren if it's in a few years) to see her the next time she comes through Minneapolis.  Such a fun sing-along concert, I know I'd have even more fun with my whole family.


SPRING BREAK
Since Wren was born in late 2011, 2013 was the year all five of us took a flight together for the 1st time.  We headed to Mexico for vacation in March and had a great time.  Max showed us that he was 100% independently swimming, which helped me and Joe out tremendously so each of only needed to be holding one other kid at a time. The kids had a blast and still talk about going to Mexico.  We've booked Spring Break for 2014 and will be headed West, but staying domestic in California.  


HAIR CUTS
June brought significant hair cuts for Max and Otto.  And now it's January and I'm thinking perhaps it's time again...


Wishing you Happiness in 2014!


https://vimeo.com/83121157





No comments:

Post a Comment