Saturday, August 25, 2012

Easy. Breezy. Beautiful???

It's been quite awhile since I've used my sewing machine:( I've been wanting to make something, and it needed to be super simple. Then we got a heat wave and I desperately needed some breezy shirts to wear for playing with the kids. I found this idea on Pinterest.

Old t-shirt. Cut off the sleeves. Sew a row of stitches at the neck and thread some fabric/ribbon through it to make a tank top. Can easily be started and finished in 10 minutes (less if the scissors aren't MIA and the sewing machine is already threaded).

I've turned old race shirts into tank tops as well as our "State Fair" t-shirts (each year Joe gets t's from Boston Scientific for the whole family and if you wear them on a certain day and get spotted you can win prizes).

These are so unbelievably comfortable. Quick to make - I've knocked out a half dozen. And put old t-shirts to a new use. A new hot weather staple!






No comments:

Post a Comment