Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy 10 Months Wren


Your 10-month Birthday has been such a mix of emotions for me. You're in the double digits. I've started planning your 1st Birthday. As I snapped your "43 week" chair picture I had a little melt down realizing one year since you were born is less than 10 weeks away. Another little melt down came as I was getting caught up writing in your baby book. A bigger melt down while weeding through all of your baby clothes, getting them ready to send off to have your special memory quilt made.

Wren, you are such a little snuggler! You continue to hug and wrestle any stuffed animal you can find. One of your favorite toys at daycare is Pete, the giant stuffed turtle. Every other day I hear about how much fun you and Pete had together:) Now you've started to make more precise motions and movements with your stuffed animals. You'll hold your bunny and look at it's face and go to kiss it. You work hard at removing your rag doll Wren's knee-high socks. And of course you love snuggling with all of us too. Rolling around the floor with your brothers. Climbing and cuddling in their beds and ours.


You are so incredibly cute when you need to get my attention. If I'm holding you, but paying attention to and looking at Max & Otto, you've taken to craning your neck, leaning right in front of my face, reaching for my cheek and turning my face towards yours. Kinda sad that sometimes that is what is needed. I do appreciate your direct-ness, as well as your huge smile once I've redirected my attention to You! Once in awhile you'll tug my ponytail, which I do not love.


In terms of milestones, the past month brought a couple biggies. You said your first word, IPA. Same as Otto's 1st word (Max's was "DaDa"). I thought I heard you say it two different times over the course of a day when we were letting IPA out. The next day Jamie babysat you and while I was out running errands I got a text that said "Your daughter says the word "IPA."

In addition to saying IPA, you do a great amount of babbling. Lots of dada, mama, blabla sounds. In fact, for one week you would literally babble shout yourself to sleep. Joe and I still rock you to sleep after feeding you your bottle. And for a week while rocking you, you would very loudly (kind of like shouting, but in a happy way) babble. For a solid 5 minutes or so I'd rock you and you'd be belting out your babbling. And then, instantaneously, you'd go silent and be sleeping. There was no wind up or taper off - an immediate, all-out loud babbling and then silence as abruptly as it started.

You also cut your 1st tooth (Aug 9th) and then your 2nd tooth exactly one week later (Aug 16th). Your lower left and right ones. Aside from a couple nights of needing to work a little harder to get you to sleep, you remained ever cheerful.



On top of the teeth, you got Hand Foot & Mouth disease. I thought you had gotten warts all over your feet and was kicking myself for letting you run around bare-foot at daycare (I think it's a no-no, but really, they let the rules slide sometimes). It cleared up quickly after first spreading across your feet, legs, butt, hands and mouth.

You and Otto are starting to duke it out over toys. You want the spatulas, spoons and ice cream scoops he's got - and since he usually has them ALL for his various restaurants set up around our house - you guys will go at it. I know I need to think through how to handle this differently, other than just giving you something else to play with, because that trick's not always going to work.


This month we continued spending a ton of time outside enjoying the Minnesota summer. We camped for a weekend at Whitewater State Park, played at Tamarack Nature Center and the Splash Pad and visited the Science and Children's Museums.


As a special treat, I ended up having a whole day just me and you the day before your 10-month birthday. Both the boys were in school so we spent the day doing a couple errands, hanging out and walking around the lake. During your nap I was able to make a cake to celebrate this month's birthday. It was an idea I saw on Pinterest and needed to try. A super easy way to make a cake fancy!

All the boys were amazed at it. And all of you absolutely loved the Poky sticks. You happily sucked all the strawberry coating off of one and then went on to babble-shout for a good 10 minute sugar high.

One more monthly Birthday til your big one. I think I need to try another fun cake next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment