Sunday, September 2, 2012

Going...Somewhere Together


Heads, Carolina. Tails, California.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer.
Up in the mountains, down by the ocean.
Where? It don't matter, as long as we're goin'
Somewhere together. I've got a quarter.
Heads, Carolina. Tails, California.
- JoDee Messina



I love country music. More than ever during the summertime. And the song above is perfect for the days you just want to get in the car and drive.

We've been doing that more than usual this summer. Sometimes packing up and heading out camping. Other times loading the kids in for a shortened "car nap" so we can get to an activity and have more time to play. Still other times timing our day just right so we know all three will be sleeping, and Joe and I can drive and hang out without the distractions and "to do's" we'd be tackling if we were at home while the kids napped.

Lucky for me, when we've packed up and headed on an adventure, Joe, who happily chooses to listen to Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and others, yet insists he doesn't like country music, doesn't seem to mind when I turn on the country station. I love this because to me country music is quintessential for summertime and camping.

Speaking of...we just returned from a cabin in Grand Marais and next Friday we pack up the car again for what will likely be our last tent camping trip of summer.



1 comment:

  1. How did I not know that you loved Country music? I have fallen into new love with country ever since B96 stopped playing hip hop...we'll have to exchange favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete