Saturday, September 22, 2012

SSS: Water, Water Everywhere!

I've always lived in cities surrounded by water.

Menominee, MI & Green Bay, WI - The Bay of Green Bay
Chicago - Lake Michigan
Madison - Lakes Monona & Mendota
Minneapolis - Lakes Calhoun, Harriet, Isles, Cedar, etc

At times I've probably taken my proximity to water for granted.  I couldn't imagine being land locked.  

Here's a peek at some of our times at the water over the summer.


I love this picture of Otto.  I try not to think too much about what my kids will and will not want to do/be/play when they get older, but there are days I sure hope one of them wants to live by the water and be up early and sail ships and swim and surf in the sea.  Doesn't it just look like Otto might be the one?  This was a special morning at Lake Harriet.  It was a Wednesday and usually I work Wednesdays. But the week this picture was taken, I had Wednesday off and worked Thursday.  For some reason this minor shift in my schedule made me feel like we were playing hooky (along with a SLEW of people at the Lake early that morning).



My favorite kiddie pool we played at this summer - the park at Minnehaha Falls.  My sisters Jamie and Katie joined us on this outing and we had a blast.  It started raining, and then down pouring.  It's always so much fun swimming in the rain!



My favorite big pool of the summer - Schuster's pool and patio.  I can't get over how wonderful it is to have not in-laws with not only a pool, but with such hospitality.  John and Diane's house is our 2nd house in the summer.  They always have everything we need on hand - food, baby formula, diapers, beach towels, swimsuits.  They made it so easy for us to stop by anytime and hang out.  Auntie Jamie often made Sno Cones for everyone!



The only man-made lake we've been to in the Cities.  A chlorinated lake with a sand beach.  It was great - the kids all played...and rolled in the sand, which might have rubbed off their sunscreen.  This was the one day we all got sunburns.  



Again, trying not to project my wishes on my kids, but Otto just screams BEACH BUM!



Max and Aunt Jamie drawing in the sand at Lake Calhoun.



Otto was all about Lyla this summer. Many times "only Lyla" he'd say. What a wonderful cousin Lyla is - playing with Otto, swimming with Otto, helping Otto fall asleep for naps, etc.


Even puddles are better in summertime.



No comments:

Post a Comment