Saturday, April 13, 2013

Made With Love

It has been way too long since I last sewed.  Other than a couple quick stitches, I haven't tackled a project yet this year.  To make matters worse, the new sewing machine Joe got me for Christmas had gone untouched until a couple weekends ago.  

But a couple weeks back I carved out some time and figured out how to thread my new machine, wind a bobbin and insert the bobbin (trickiest part).  And - WOW! - what a difference I can tell while sewing now.  My few practice straight stitches made me a little overzealous, thinking a brand new machine that glides could make up for no practice and much impatience!

I decided to make a toddler blanket for Wren (bigger than her baby blankets so it will cover her cot at school).  I've done my share of blankets, except I've never appliquéd letters before or attempted binding a blanket with trim.  Until now.  Kind of.

For the sake of my feelings, I am choosing not to share any close ups of my poor craftsmanship in the photos.  Because, like most things, as long as you look at it from a distance it looks just fine.  Up close, a little scary.  

But it's a blanket with cute little mermaids on one side, and a mix of pink and pink and white polk-a-dots with her name appliquéd on the other side.  So on Monday Wren has a new blanket, that was made with much love, to bring to school for her cot.




No comments:

Post a Comment