Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

By 8:30am on Mother's Day I was on a nice little emotional high. I think I received as many texts and calls last Sunday as I do on my Birthday. So many family and friends sending messages of congrats, support and love on a day devoted to celebrating and thanking Moms everywhere for all they do.

My day started out with me being a well-rested mama! All three kids spent Saturday night at Grandma & Grandpa's (more on that later when I share a few details of mine and Joe's wedding anniversary). At first I was a tiny bit hesitant to have them spend the night given I'd wake up on Mother's Day and none of my kids would be at home.

I'dwakeupRESTEDonMother'sDaybecausenoneofmykidsWOKEMEINTHEMIDDLEOFTHENIGHTneedingsomethingANYTHINGat11am2amor4:45am.

Poof! Hesitation gone. Sleep gained.

Joe and I were up early and headed to Sun Street Breads for coffee. We brought breakfast biscuits and pastries to his parents and hung out there with our kids and our nieces for the morning.


Me & Max.
Although down on sleep (went to bed after 10pm and woke at 5am), he was thrilled the pool was open and swam for quite awhile, shivering the whole time.

Me & Otto.
Also operating on the same amount of sleep, he was not interested in swimming. He wanted snuggles before having the ultimate meltdown. Out like a light as soon as we could get him in the carseat headed for home.

Me & Wren.
She slept the best - taking great naps at G&G's the previous afternoon and sleeping well at night. Our 1st Mother's Day together.


No comments:

Post a Comment