Thursday, May 31, 2012

Picture Perfect Weekend

The unofficial kick-off to summer was here - Memorial Day Weekend! It was pretty picture perfect, too. Even though there were off and on showers and storms all weekend, I don't really remember them. They didn't seem to put a damper on any of the activities we partook in.

The weekend must have been a good balance of activity and relaxation, because it ended up being really fun but not rushed. Oh yes, I know now. We were guests at friend's houses and Joe's parent's house much of the weekend, which means meals were cooked for us and entertainment was provided. Thank you McLeans and Diane & John!!!

OK, I'm spent from my two days at the office, so I'll give you a photo overview of our picture perfect weekend with limited words and stories.

We spent a lot of time at Joe's parent's house enjoying family-time, good food and the pool (especially Sunday when temps were 90+degrees).

- Maiden voyage of our raft in the pool

- Bathing Beauties Diane & Wren

- Wren testing out the baby float


- Drumsticks!

- The kids LOVE the raft in the pool. Joe's brother Jim managed to turn the pool into white water rapids with the kids in the raft.

Monday morning I brought Max and Otto to a playground we haven't been to before. I knew it was going to be bigger than our typical neighborhood park, but I wasn't prepared for how much bigger. This picture shows about half of the recreation area, uncrowded because it was right when it opened...it looked like Disney World during Spring Break moments after we arrived.


You can't see the 5 story climbing structure and several other play areas. My heart dropped when I saw it, wishing I had Joe's extra set of eyes and legs to help watch the boys and chase after them. But, the boys both did awesome - great job listening, no tantrums, lots of playing, etc. They were handsomely rewarded with a smoothie and bread shop treat on the way home.

- Silly Otto makes me smile

- Max climbing the spiderweb

- My two favorite boys

No comments:

Post a Comment