Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!


What a fun Saturday we had celebrating Birthdays!

In the morning our friend (my friend Marie and her son/Max's friend) Wesley turned 5 years old and had a totally creative Angry Birds party. I have never played Angry Birds and don't know the premise, but if the party guest's faces were any indication, it's pretty fun!



Marie had two cakes for Wesley. One cake had a sling shot and Angry Birds perched atop it. The other cake had a wall with Pigs on it. The Birthday Boy got to shoot Angry Birds from one cake to the other and topple the pigs and wall. Such a fun idea to justify having two cakes:) I will remember this.


Marie and Sean also constructed a wall with pigs in it (ala Angry Birds, I hear) and let the kids throw balls at it to knock it down. Only thing missing was a sling shot...Marie, I will need the story on what happened to that!


That afternoon we headed over to Greta & Nate's for sweet baby Matilda's 1st Birthday celebration. It was a ridiculously cute backyard farm theme. Of course Greta and her Mom's cooking and baking was amazing. Here's just a sampling of what us guests got to nibble on. (BTW, those watermelon cake pops are pink inside AND have little chocolate chips as seeds)!


Here are the Birthday girls...Happy 1st Birthday to Matilda and Happy 1st Year as a Mom to Greta. Huge milestones! I've said this about my kids, but man, I cannot believe Tillie is already a year. That went by too fast.

Finally, following these two parties, and wrapping up my multiple birthday celebrations, but merely kicking off my 365 Days of Summer, Joe and I went out to celebrate my 34th. As perfect as McDonald's was, a dinner out for the two of us is a special treat. We went to Sun Street Breads, which is a to-die-for bakery that recently started serving to-die-for dinner. A wonderful time with my love on a beautiful, beautiful night.


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun post... so happy the McLeans could make the famous blog. No sling shot due to rain delay, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping us come celebrate. You guys always bring a lot of smiles and energy anywhere you go with your crew in tow. It was so fun to have you.

    ReplyDelete