Thursday, June 14, 2012

When The Kids Are Happy...




...Mom is happy.

Happy 34th Birthday to me!

A month ago while Joe and I were enjoying lunch out just the two of us, he asked me what I wanted to do for my Birthday. I started rattling off things like "Have dinner, with the kids there, but so I can sit down and they are fenced in so they can't escape, but have something to keep them entertained. And I don't want to spend any time cleaning up..." And right then I realized it sounded like the McDonald's Play Place fit the bill.


So tonight we celebrated my Birthday at McDonald's with a couple friends and family.

Joe suggested a new business opportunity...sedation family photography. Just like they have 'sedation dentistry' it could make family photo time - at least for us - a bit more mellow.


Yesterday, on my actual Birthday, I enjoyed breakfast at the bagel shop with Max & Otto before dropping them off at school and heading to the office.

- Sorry Wren, you're taking one for the team with this picture. It looks like you're cross eyed, but your brothers both happened to be looking at the camera. I post a lot more cute photos of her than the boys, anyway.

For dinner the boys made me spaghetti & meatballs and garlic bread that I'd been craving. We had my favorite cupcakes from Wuollet's for dessert. As I was leaning in to blow out my candle, the boys beat me to it and out went the flame before I had a chance to make a wish. On the off chance that they made a wish, it's likely I'll end up with a new toy truck or car this year.

For presents the boys planted me some flowers in pots they painted and Joe got me a massage with my favorite masseuse. Plus Joe and I will be enjoying dinner out just the two of us this weekend.

I've deemed this next year the "365 Days of Summer" as I head into my 35th Birthday. I haven't quite figured out what I want to do before I turn 35, but I know it'll be a great year. If anyone has suggestions of things I should do/not do, see, experience, etc this next year, please send them my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment