Monday, June 11, 2012

Crushing

I am majorly crushing on a new line of fabric by Sarah Jane. Originally I stumbled upon Sarah Jane on etsy for her illustrated artwork, book plates, cards, etc. Then, unaware she launched a fabric fabric line, I stumbled upon that at Treadle Yard Goods while fabric shopping for the boy's lunch bags. Notice the rocket ship and polka dot print from Otto's bag:


Now I've been keeping an eye on her stuff and I'm so excited she just announced her 2nd fabric line, Out To Sea. I love anything nautical, but put it in fresh color combinations, throw in sweet mermaids and a pirate girl who goes by the name of Pepper and it's crush.at.first.sight!





And when I say crush, I most definitely mean it. I got butterflies in my stomach reading the sew-y blogs about this new line. My heart was racing with ideas of what I could make. Just looking at the pretty colors and illustrations made me giddy.

And then I read that it won't be available for purchase until August. August!?! I'll be pining over it for the next couple months.

Which is probably for the best because we have plans to host a Pirate play date in the next month and had this fabric been available immediately I would have wanted to somehow whip up my own pirate costumes and accessories in these custom colors. This way I am still incredibly excited about using the black and red Dollar Spot pirate items I found.

But, come August, I hope to woo my crush and turn it into a summer fling...a few weeks of finding the time to create something cute with this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment