Sunday, July 1, 2012

some words




When I saw these pictures a week ago I told Eydie I had "No words." Now I have some words...

While a picture may be worth a thousand words, these photos Eydie took are worth millions of memories and emotions. Eydie's talent is beyond remarkable for how simply, purely and naturally she captures little loves.

The lack of distraction in the photos allows me to focus on Wren's face and features rather than the surroundings she's in. It's really the exact opposite of the thousands of photos I take of her - as those are usually all about what she's doing and the (usually) happy chaos she happens to be a part of at any given moment. When I couple Eydie's pictures of Wren with my pictures of Wren, I feel like I get the best of both worlds. A comprehensive story. The sheer beauty of Wren as captured by Eydie, as well as every day life as documented by my snapshots.

Eydie has caught Wren's little expressions so profoundly. Her pursed lips or wagging tongue:) Biting her lip. Big eyes and open mouth. I think Wren is just beautiful in these photos. It's how I feel she looks every time I look at her - even though she usually has a lot more food on her face, snot on her nose and goop in her hair.

I debated whether or not to have Eydie photograph Wren between her newborn pictures and one-year pictures. I'm glad that debate didn't last long. Because when I look through her photos I am instantly transported to the quiet moments I share with Wren that never get captured in my pictures.

Eydie's talent is such an amazing gift. She's one of those people who, once you are exposed to her talent, you know instantly that she was put on this earth to do what she does.

The photos she's taken of Max, Otto & Wren are priceless treasures. Moments in time that pass far too quickly. Her photos help ensure that I will always remember some of the beautiful details. The little dip Otto had on his left ear for the first six months after he was born. Wren's dark brown, perfect pixie newborn hair and the wild waves she has at eight months. Otto's exuberant smiles and Max's deep, far off glances.

No words. Some words. A thousand words.

To me, these pictures are beyond words.


1 comment: