Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cuddly With a Chance of Flurries

That is the forecast for Otto & Max's room after I spruced it up a bit.

First, I sewed a twin and toddler bed duvet out of two queen sized Christmas sheets I had purchased (& never used) several years ago. Then I used some left over flannel to make a coordinating little pillow for Otto's bed.

Joe hung up Otto's hooks so he has a place for his PJ's, just like Max does.

And then I hung paper snowflakes above both of the boys beds.


The whole impetus of this winter bedroom makeover was Max's enthusiasm for cuddly bedding and the anticipation of snow. We've been reading books in mine and Joe's bed and Max has been asking for cozy winter blankets like our hot cocoa duvet. He showed up in our room one morning asking to climb into our bed because "my bed is so incredibly cold."

Additionally, while picking Max up from school a few weeks ago he asked if he could leave his winter jacket in his locker, to which I replied "There's a chance of snow this weekend, so we should bring it home." Well, you would have thought I told him Santa was coming that night and every night until he turns 4, because he and his friend Graham went wild (screaming, jumping up and down, hugging, telling their friends and teachers) about how excited they were that snow was coming!!!!!! This gave me the idea to hang snowflakes in the boy's room.

And my efforts were not for waste. When Max saw his room for the first time he reacted similarly to how he and Graham had about impending snow, and actually said "Mom, mine and Otto's room is MAGICAL!"




No comments:

Post a Comment