Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hard Times In the Schuster household

Week three. Day 19 after Wren's birth, to be exact. My 1st day alone with all 3 kids. I'd been dreading this inevitable moment. Although Max and Otto are indisputably the cutest kids ever created, they are very challenging when together. Add to the mix a newborn baby, nursing/pumping routine, deer hunting opener for Joe, etc and I was just kind of looking forward to this monumental day to be over - to know that I survived. I knew it was going to be a hard day.

And it was. It's a lot for me to juggle all three kids (god bless those moms and dads who are so natural at keeping a brood entertained and well-behaved all day). BUT, it was a great day! While we had our moments of meltdowns, I am thrilled to say we had more good moments than bad, which isn't always the case.

And leave it to my 3 year old to keep me in check and remind me that I'm not the only one who has a hard job...

After an afternoon playing in the forest and at the park, I asked the boys to jump into the stroller so we could get home in time to meet the pizza delivery guy. While walking towards the stroller Max got sidetracked and started to run off to the basketball court. I hollered for him to stop and come back to the stroller because he's the big brother and needs to help show Otto how to be a good listener.

Max stopped running, turned around and walked to the stroller. As he was climbing into his seat, he said "But Mom, it's hard being a big brother."


No comments:

Post a Comment