Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sharing Stories

If there's one thing I love, it's sharing stories.
And playing with my kids.
And hanging out with Joe.
And cooking.
And running.
And getting massages.
And simple sewing projects.
And going to Costco.
And, and, and.

Add up all the things I love, along with the things I don't necessarily love (laundry, making lunches, cleaning, showering, and, and, and) and suddenly I find myself having less time for sharing stories with friends and family.

So, I'm attempting to share stories in a new way so that they don't get lost or never told. I'm giving blogging a try to see if it helps me share updates from the Schuster family more regularly (it's getting very challenging with three little kids to talk to all friends and family as frequently and in as much depth as I would like - particularly during the "sane" hours of the day).

By no means do I want blogging to replace getting together and our phone calls. My hope is that once in awhile you'll have interest in reading the blog, enjoy some of our families stories and then when we are talking live we can connect more deeply on our lives rather than just retelling a little kidlet tidbit over and over.

You may notice some old posts. Like over two years old. I actually started this blog back in 2009 with a few posts when we were just a family of three. Then life got busy when we became a family of four. And now, as a family of five, I really mean it. I'm going to capture our stories, throw them into the Cloud, and see if this blog is fun for me and you. If it is, I'm guessing you'll see lots more posts. If it isn't, well, posts will become as infrequent as my current shower schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment