Friday, December 9, 2011

Reinventing Himself

I guess "reinventing" might be going a bit too far, but after nearly 4 years Max has had his first "real" haircut. Just before Thanksgiving he joined me for my hair appointment and my stylist cropped his hair quite a bit.



Here he is before heading into the salon for his cut. Leading up to this he was very excited to get it cut. In fact, he started asking to get it really, really short...short and spikey like Dad's. However, I wanted to start with something a little less drastic and ease into his new look.

Once we were actually outside the salon he started to get uneasy. He didn't like that the people getting their hair cut inside had "blankets" on (the capes you wear so the hair doesn't get all over you). He said "Let's go home, I don't want to go in." After a little coaxing, we made it inside and got settled into a chair for the cut (we couldn't convince him to have his hair washed).

Max was the most speechless I've ever heard him while the stylist cut his hair. He definitely seemed a little nervous.

I don't have any good "after" shots (these are all from my phone and the other's are still on our good camera), but they'll give you the idea...




1 comment: