Friday, December 23, 2011

She's Been There (& written about it beautifully)

I love children's books. All different ones. For a variety of reasons. From beautiful illustrations to double entendres to childhood favorites to classics.

I just ran across the book You Are My Miracle and immediately fell in love. The writing is the most succinct, precise description of the tug of war that comes with being a mom to a toddler. It is eloquent, artistic, short and kid-friendly. The couple dozen "one-liners" the author pens beautifully remind me to appreciate how my boys are the "yin" to my "yang." Our personalities work in tandem with each other pushing and pulling to express our love, need and independence. It also reminds me to indulge in my kid qualities more often - kind of fitting for this time of year!

Although there were a dozen Christmas books I would have loved to purchase while at the book store, as soon as I read You Are My Miracle I knew this was the perfect book for us right now. Take a look at a few of the excerpts and see if it resonates for you!

From You Are My Miracle by Maryann Cusimano Love

"I am your bundle up;
you are my dash outside.

I am your uphill pull;
you are my fast sleigh ride."

"I am your helper;
you are my do-it-myself."

"I am your quiet place;
you are my wild."

No comments:

Post a Comment