Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cute Things They Say: Knives!

This is not so much cute things they say, but more like odd, where did they learn that? things they say!

It was one of those early days when I was trying to figure out the best way and place to feed Wren while also keeping an eye on both Max and Otto, who seem to be more Dennis and Menace. Even though our house is small and pretty open, my eyes can't see through the few walls we do have. But my ears can hear when something is off and I knew Otto, who was out of sight and in the kitchen, was up to mischief.

I scoop up Wren, trying to keep her feeding, and go into the kitchen. I find Otto had opened the refrigerator (at the time this was a new trick of his), climbed up both crisper drawers and was standing on the middle shelf reaching for something on the very top shelf of the fridge.

I shriek "Otto, No!"

Instantly Max comes running for the kitchen shouting, "Does he have a knife? Is he cutting his face?!"

I'm baffled (and a little scared) as to where Max would have ever heard this or thought of this as something Otto would be doing.

And, of course, I'm thankful that "No, Max, Otto doesn't have a knife and he isn't cutting his face."


No comments:

Post a Comment