Tuesday, February 14, 2012

XOXO. The Valentines.

The actual Valentine's that we are giving to our friends and family are a mix of homemade and store bought.

Apparently our little girl's heart goes "pitter pat, pitter pat." For her 1st Valentine's Day, Wren made her mark by creating footprint hearts for some of her closest family members.


I came across these valentines on etsy nearly a year ago and knew I wanted to give them away this year. They are adorable little "fruit stickers" - a cute alternative to all the fattening ways to show your love on Valentine's. I made up valentine baskets for some close friends I visited with today and have extra stickers that I can use on pieces of fruit in brown bag lunches in the coming months.


I must say that I am more than a little sad that the boy's school does not really celebrate Valentine's day. I love the idea of dressing the kids in red (of course this still happened!), making a super cute and hearty valentines mailbox and sending the boys to school to be showered with love by all their little friends. While they allow the kids to give their friends valentines, you just put them in each student's mailbox - no other fan fare to be had.

Here's what I ended up using for school valentines for the boys... Kind of sad, so I'm especially glad I put in the extra effort for my friend's valentines and the treats I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment