Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Snowy Day

Actually, I think I can call this the snowy day. Although I know we've had at least another day with snow this winter, it must not have been very memorable. And as happy as I am that I lucked out with very little snow (and no snow piles to speak of) to lug the kids through my 1st winter with three of them in tow, I am thrilled that we got a measurable amount today.

The boys just love the snow - probably more so this year since it's been few and far between the sparse snowfalls we have had. And while it was not a "snow day" for them, their school ended up losing power around 3pm. So Joe picked them up and they were home at 4pm...enough time to get the whole family geared up for the neighborhood sledding hill before the sun went down. The early school closing worked out perfectly - Joe and I got some things done at work and home, and then the closing ensured we took advantage of the snow!

While walking to the hill we had to trek through puddles a half foot deep - but at least it was nice and warm so we could enjoy our time!


Max and Otto both had a blast sledding. Max got a new inflatable snowmobile from a friend for his birthday and he was so excited to take it out for a spin! And spin it did... Max loved how it would twirl while going down the hill and so did Otto once Max was talked into letting him have a turn.



And Wren's 1st time sledding? We went down the hill on the toboggan a few times and she slept through it all.

Okay. We've had our fun in the snow. I think I'd be content having spring arrive (for good) any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment