Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy 3 Months Wren



Wren is 3 months old. I think this is when she is no longer called a newborn, but rather an infant. Of course I cannot believe 3 months have already flown by. But I am glad I've started capturing and writing about what we've been up to because it's helping me remember the little things.

If I have said this before, Wren is a doll. Totally delightful. She's the best newborn sleeper we've had. She's pretty much done 4 hrs (but usually 5+hr stretches since the week after she was born). For the past couple weeks we've been getting a handful of 10+hr stretches. This is a huge help, because her brothers have regressed when it comes to sleeping :)

The past month we've once again been blessed with unseasonably warm weather for Dec/Jan in Minneapolis. We've only had minimal snow, and last week it even got to be 50 degrees, melting all snow.

For Wren's 3 month celebration we had some cupcakes from Wuollet bakery. These are my favorite cupcakes - white cake and white frosting. Wren was exhausted but stayed awake to hear us all sing to her, and see her brothers eyes light up at their good fortune of being part of a family that totally eschews New Years health resolutions in January (too many Birthdays!).




My dear friend Marie's birthday is the day after Wren's 3 month. We visited her, Katie and Greta at work and enjoyed some time catching up over coffee, and what other than...more cupcakes! We even got the candles lit and blown out without setting off any smoke alarms (come on, Marie's not that old!). It may have been Marie's birthday, but spending time with these friends was the best gift for Wren and me. Well, that, and an extended maternity leave...

As irony would have it, General Mills HR called my phone as I was walking out of the building, you know, to check and see if my plan was still to return to work in April. Yep, that's still the plan. Until then, we'll keep savoring every moment of every day and be grateful that I work for a company that has allowed me the opportunity to share a lot more moments at home with my family right now.

Marie, Happiest Birthday! Happiest Year! You deserve only the best. Thank you for being such a dear, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment