Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lucky 13

Last night as I began drafting this post, it was all about how lucky 13 is. As I lay in bed I began to question myself (& ask Joe)..."Is 13 considered a lucky or unlucky number?" Pretty sure I jinxed the number.

The thing is, Joe and I know we are very lucky, but last night was especially so. His parents came over to babysit the kids so we could go out for our first 13.1 miler since Wren was born. And it just so happens that in addition to how lucky we are to have them offer to babysit so frequently, Jamie does as well. Even luckier still, Jamie sometimes cooks us food while we're out running and she's there watching the kids with John and Diane. Last night was one of these nights.

Joe and I got home from a cold, icy run and upon opening our front door we were bowled over with the smell of dinner. All made. Not by us. While Diane kept the natives at bay, Jamie and John cooked up an amazing Pork & Apple Pasta dish, opened some wine and had dinner waiting for all of us. Lucky 13!

But then Jamie, John & Diane went home and tides began to turn. Upon successfully getting all kids down to bed early (or on time - quite frankly I've forgotten what I consider early vs on time), I made the biggest mistake I've made in awhile. I stayed up and watched a movie with Joe. Then I read a bit. Then around 11pm I layed my head down to...get woken up every 40 minutes until 3am. And even though I didn't get a very good night's sleep, I still woke up to sore, achy muscles from our 13 miler. Unlucky 13.

Jamie, John & Diane -
Thank you for helping me believe 13 is a lucky number! We always appreciate you watching the kids and are blown away when you make us food for a post-run meal.
Xoxo, Summer & Joe

The Chefs at work

Pork Apple Bogenese
(it was soooo good - the camera on the ipad makes everything look much less savory)

No comments:

Post a Comment