Saturday, January 28, 2012

She's Crafty


Guess what this fabric was turned into...


I'll give you one really good hint:


New lunch bags for Max & Otto!

I've been having so much fun playing around with my sewing machine the past couple months. It had been a couple years since I really sewed anything and I'm determined I'll be whipping up some simple dresses for Wren by the summer time as well as tackle a quilt this year.

Since we pack lunches for the whole family every day, I had been planning to make these bags for a few months now. Somehow I think the cute bags will make this chore a little more inspired.

After searching around online for how to make a simple drawstring bag, I came across this tutorial, which seemed to be the easiest version I found (simple measurements, good photo illustrations, no interfacing needed, etc). Sure enough, it was pretty darn easy! If you have a sewing machine, I highly recommend trying it. Next up, the girls in the house each need a cute one, too. Can't wait to pick some fun fabric for me and Wren.

P.S. - While Max was excited about his robot lunch bag, Otto was a bit confused and wanted his lunch put back in the paper bag he's been carrying to and from school for the past 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. She's Crafty...oh boy is she! I would love to see you do a blogcast showing how to make them. Not because I could ever figure it out myself or do something that fabulous, but because it would be SUPER COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete