Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's A Beautiful Day

Have you ever lived in Minneapolis and wished you had a reason to play hookey in January? No, not hockey. That would be a no-brainer for January in Mpls. I mean hookey (although my spelling may be a bit off). As in ditching work/school/whatever other commitments you have and just enjoying the day. If so, this past Tuesday was made for you.

Temps soared above 50 degrees. No snow in sight. Mud puddles a plenty. The feeling of warm sunshine while outside and pouring in windows.

It was one of those VW Synchronicity days. The kind of day where everything falls perfectly into place.

Wren and I dropped the boys off at school and then headed out to run a couple errands. It's kind of ridiculous how incredibly excited I got when I noticed, while pumping gas at Costco, that Office Max was open and it was only 8:06am. A sweet little surprise that I was going to get some errands done that I thought would have had to wait until later in the day. Kid's Valentines printed. A couple more crafting items purchased to feed my Pinterest queue. Thank you Office Max and your 8am opening time.

By 9am, just as Wren was waking up, we arrived at Rustica for some coffee and bread. Wren had so much fun taking in the scenery. I had so much fun enjoying an amazing latte, lots of her smiles and gushing from strangers about "how much hair she has" and "how cute she is." Somehow we spent nearly an hour and half there talking to ourselves and a few strangers.

Headed out to Barnes & Noble to pick up a few books for the boy's upcoming Birthdays.

Swung by the liquor store to grab a bottle of wine.

Dropped off a few items at a local consignment store.

This may all sound incredibly boring, but given the spring (dare I say early summer) temperatures, it was truly remarkable. I called Joe and asked him if he could leave work to come join us for a walk. Unfortunately that didn't happen. But our walk did. And I have to say, maternity leave in the middle of this winter has been pretty darn nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment