Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Another Friday

Just another Friday at home with my two boys and little girl. I can't make this stuff up.

I don't remember how that all started, but like most things with kids...If you give them dresses to wear, they'll want a bow to put in their hair. And if you give them a bow to wear, they'll want mary jane socks to go with it. And so our Friday morning was off to a splendid start!

I'm totally fine with them playing dress up; even if it's them wearing dresses. And they begged to wear these. I searched through Wren's bins of clothes and Max insisted the 2T would fit him (other than all the buttons it fit just fine). For Otto we choose a cute spring plaid number. And, not to be outdone by Max & Otto, we choose a vibrant floral frock for Wren. I don't know...put them in a beauty pageant and they are stiff competition these three.

It was kind of like a social experiment in our house last Friday morning. Once they were in dresses they even started acting a little more ladylike. Until Otto decided he was hungry and grabbed the left over burgers from dinner the night before...


I was able to get them out of the dresses and into new outfits so we could head to Costco, ensuring we received fewer looks than had they stayed dolled up.

I like this Costco picture because it seems to have so inaccurately captured the three of them. Each one of them looks somber and is staring in a different direction. Usually we are all quite animated there - me included. And I mean this in a good, well-mannered, very happy to be there way. We all LOVE Costco (Max once asked if we could camp there overnight...you know, sleep in the bunk beds they were selling, eat pizza from the deli, etc). Anyway, once I took this picture and looked at it, it made me giggle because of how different I imagine we act while there.

Back at home we declared it was "Rainbow Day" after nap. We made biscuits and dyed them different colors. We chalked the kid's hair rainbow colors.

Max liked getting his hair all colored. Otto enthusiastically wanted blue hair, but once I got one streak in he was "all done." To which Max went over to hug him and tell him "You're so brave Otto." This has been Max's way of comforting Otto most recently. It's very cute, especially when he says it and "being brave" is totally out of context of the situation.

I gave Wren a teal streak and an orange streak but it was difficult to see in her hair. I went to capture the color and couldn't have asked for a more perfect face from her...


And before I go, I'm going to leave you with one more of them in the dresses because I cannot NOT share this.

Oh, the crossed ankles!






No comments:

Post a Comment