Friday, March 9, 2012

Snip, snip, snip!

Spring cleaning has begun in our house and it manifested itself as a good crop of Max's hair. He's been asking to cut his hair even shorter, so I figured I'd just have him tag along to my next hair appointment and do it then. It's been 4 months since my last hair appointment, so he's been asking for awhile and I've been unstyled for awhile.

At the salon he doesn't want his hair washed. I tell him he's totally missing out on the.best.part.of.a.haircut. But he doesn't bite, so Natalie uses a spray bottle and chops away. I like the results. A lot. Even more now that it's been a couple days.




And I've learned that if you cut his hair, but he chooses to wear a dress, they kind of cancel each other out and he still looks pretty darn pretty.
Oh, and don't go all JCrew on me.

They've got nothing on me and my Max & Otto. "Lucky for me..." I ended up with boys whose favorite color was pink and favorite book was Pinkalicious! for quite awhile, wear their little sister's dresses & bows, talk about their feelings, exclaim when their beds are "so cuddly and snuggly" and ask for long hair and ponies.

Because in a blink of an eye they've changed their favorite colors to green and blue, ask for Batman tattoos, ask for ANOTHER truck to play with, pretend to smash [anything] into pieces so they can show me their superhero powers, want their jeans, Bob the Builder t-shirt and holy tenners back on, and want their hair cut "short and spiky like Daddy's"!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes. Max looks sooooo much like Joe with that new haircut. And that dress picture is one for the baby book for sure!!

    ReplyDelete