Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Transformation

This first week of spring...well, it's been a time of transformation and growth out in nature (green!leaves!grass!birds!worms!rain!) as well as with Wren.

Wren has outgrown many of her newborn apparatuses and moved onto the next set of entertainment options. Gone are our days using the bouncy chair, baby swing and tummy time mat. She's on to the Johnny Jump-Up, park swings and high chair.

Even though I get to hang out with her and observe every day how big she's getting, it's still surprising to see Wren in these photos. So B.I.G!

She seems to like the Johnny Jump-Up even though she just sways back and forth in it at this time. If I were better with Photoshop I would have super-imposed a "Please pardon our dust" sign behind Wren in the jump-up. With our new bathroom this past Fall, we also got a "new" back hallway...a wide open view of our new bathroom's plumbing.


And here she is getting all situated for some bites of peas. Arguably this high chair is still a bit too big for her, but I had to try it out and see if it would work. She's a little wobbly in it right now, but it will be perfect in just a couple weeks I bet.


With all the Spring weather we've been having, Wren went on an outdoor playdate with her friend Matilda and tried out the park swings for her first time, too. I'm hopeful she'll crack a smile in the swings because there is a lot of park time in our future. I'll blame her solemness on the fact that she was exhausted. She fell asleep in my arms moments after this picture was taken.


And here's Wren's friend Tillie. She's 4 months older than Wren, but from this angle you might think Tillie is younger than Wren (I think they are actually about the same size). Tillie's Mama always says Tillie doesn't "give up smiles" that easily for adults - but this girl was nothing but smiles yesterday. She loves her Mama and Daddy. She loved the swing. She REALLY loved the puppy dog chasing his ball at the park. I like to think she liked the Schuster family.



No comments:

Post a Comment