Friday, April 6, 2012

Brothers.



Someone got a haircut!


For the first time, the boy's hair is shorter than the girl's hair in our house. We got Otto's hair cut yesterday, so now he and Max both have hair shorter than Wren's!

The journey to Otto's new hair style began last weekend when I took an attempt at cutting it. Here's the before from last weekend:


I took off most of the bottom hair, what few curls Otto had. And then I was at a loss. His hair is so straight and fine. I was used to trimming Max's thick and curly hair which is much more forgiving when I just want to take off some length, thin it out and not have to be concerned about an actual style or an "uneven" cut.

So for half of this week I pondered what to do with his hair. Some days I thought it looked OK the way it was, but mostly I knew it needed a true cut. The thing is I've only taken Max to my hairdresser, and she's on vacation until after Easter. I wanted Otto's hair cut before then. And just the thought of searching out and going to a random kid's hair place would send me into a bit of a tailspin. So on Tuesday I called my salon and asked if a couple of the other hair dressers that I knew could (1) cut little boy's hair and (2) squeeze Otto in before Easter...preferably on Thursday outside of napping hours:)

Thursday, one hour after Otto's nap, we headed to the salon.


I had no idea how this was going to go over (Otto freaked out when I attempted to trim his hair), but I was armed with a variety of treats, animal apps and the understanding that we might be leaving with an "unfinished" hair cut.

The only photo I got from the salon was the one above. Since I held Otto on my lap, and was furiously scrolling through kid friendly apps, I couldn't take any photos. I wasn't about to ask the hair dresser to slow down to take a picture (so unlike me, i know!).

With minimal tears - and it was funny because Otto would seem like he was crying or was about to, and then he'd giggle about all the "dirty" hair that was floating around and sticking to his chocolately fingers and cape - we got his hair cut!


Brothers. Maybe even twin brothers. But no longer twin sisters.*



* Yes, I have been asked, more than once, if they were twin sisters. Hopefully those days are over. Except it's only been a couple week's since Max's hair cut and WOW do short hair cuts grow quickly. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep up with hair cuts for two boys because I usually get my hair cut quarterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment