Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter


Our little bunnies. One exhausted from a day of play. A second crazy from candy. A third as sweet as can be following a long nap at Grandma & Papa's. Without Otto passing out on the way home, I don't think I could have captured a photo of all three kids together. With their baskets beside them. And bunny ears on.

We celebrated Easter Sunday at Joe's parent's house with our relatives on his side, as well as my mom and sister. I love to see our boys having so much fun with their cousins. They are all quite a few years older than the boys and are such a huge help playing with and keeping an eye on them. They had fun hunting for eggs, visiting the Westwood Nature Center and playing with a big box of packing peanuts.

Cousins Grace & Lyla (w/ my SIL Angela)

Papa John & Grace
Jamie, Mom & Me

Otto was spent by early evening given he hadn't had a nap.
The day before Easter we colored eggs with my mom, Jamie, and our friend Wally, who was in town from San Francisco. It was fun for the kids - getting goodie bags filled with more candy and presents from my mom and Jamie. I'm guessing Wally liked the homebrew best of all.

On Easter Eve Max and I wrote a note and set out carrots for the Easter Bunny. Max is scared of him, hence some of the sentiments in the note. And Max really liked that the Easter Bunny hid his basket in the oven last year, so that's why he requested it be hidden there again. I realize our notes to Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and the like should be a little less curt, but it was very late and I was trying to get Max to bed, so I figured the Easter Bunny wouldn't mind.


Max finding his basket, which was hidden in a cave of big building blocks. "Humph! The Easter Bunny didn't listen!" said Max as he checked in the oven on Easter morning.


Wren finding her basket in her Exersaucer.

Every Easter Joe's mom Diane gets each of her grandkid's a chocolate egg from Betty Jane's. They are delicious and filled with gremlins and chocolates. And on their 1st Easters, Max & Otto weren't able to open their eggs.

{Easter 2010. Max 2 yrs. Otto a few months.}


But Wren? I'm going to have to keep an eye on her. In the matter of a couple photos she had pulled the chocolate decorations off the top of the egg, got the bow undone, pushed the top of the egg to the side and was grabbing for chocolates to eat.


Easter Outfits. Given how our clothes is either stained, off, crumpled or covered with outerwear by the time I get around to snapping pics, I decided to take a photo of the outfits before putting the kids in them.

Wren wore an existing dress (& plum sweater, hand-knit for her by my friend Marie's mom) and Otto the blue and white striped shirt. I got the plaid shirt new for Max for Easter. I liked the casual and not too Easter-y color combo of blue, lavender and plum. Looked good on the hangers, anyway.

In an attempt to "piece" together a family photo, I tried to get a half-way decent picture of me with each kid solo. Wren's first picture was this...


And so we snapped a couple more, and the result was this.


Dress full of spit up before we even made it out the door.

My style is much more simple cotton dresses vs. frilly "Easter" dresses. But I've got to say that those frills would have done a much better job camoflouging the spit up.

And then there's the picture of this one, who is full of fire. All.the.time. He hears that mama wants a picture, and he has one goal. I'll give her nothing less than a lot of blurry stripes and plaid and swirling hair.


Joe just switched the camera to video and we captured him that way. Really, it does a much better job of capturing the moment than a photo does. Perhaps from now on I'll forget about the still shot and hit "record" for a 30 second family video each time I get an urge for a family photo.

And Otto? Joe actually got a super cute photo of the two of us. So cute I'm saving it for Otto's "What's in a Name?" post - that I'll write soon. I hope.

Easter 2012. Schuster Family. That's a Wrap.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a FUN day. I will let my mom know that you are still getting use out of the sweater. She will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete