Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Your Friday


It's Wednesday evening, which means I'm done with my first week back at work. Or as every person at the office likes to say "It's your Friday!" Yes, I guess it is. Only trouble is that it's still everyone else's Wednesday, which means the job isn't done. It never is on Wednesday. Then again, it never is on Friday, either.

So, yep, it's my Friday and that makes me happy. So very happy. It's been three days and I'm craving time at home. I've always been a homebody and it appears as though that's not going to change any time soon.

All in all we had a great week. All the big stuff - getting ready in the morning, drop-offs & pick-ups, packing lunches & making dinners and Wren's first days at school - went well. The little stuff - the job! - went pretty well too.

I never thought about what the boys would wear to daycare their fist day, but with Wren I did. I'm guessing this is because she's a girl and like it or not, I will place a greater focus on her clothes. I was thinking about a cute "dressier" outfit even though I know that's not the most comfortable for daycare. However, this week was "spirit" week at her school, so her outfits were kind of planned for her. Her first day she was to wear purple in honor of being in the Purple Room at school. Tuesday was "sports" day, so she wore her Badger shirt and today was PJ day (every parent's favorite day).


Since I had made the boys their lunch bags, I also wanted to make Wren a bottle bag. I love how it turned out. Notice the cute (totally un-functional) button I added to it! They say "sloppy seconds," but I would argue this is "terrific thirds." I've gotten better at sewing since I made the boys so Wren's is a much better quality!


Wren was all smiles at daycare each day. She slept two 1-hour naps her first day. Less than at home, but pretty darn good for a daycare 1st day. She isn't taking her bottles well there. I'm not concerned about lack of nutrition - she's still the size of a toddler. And since her night sleeping hasn't worsened, but rather slightly improved, I figure it'll work itself out and she'll drink when she's hungry. Too much fun stuff to do and people to play with to be bothered with a bottle.

Today her thoughtful teachers called me to let me know when they were leaving for a buggy ride - her first one since she started. I was able to see her strolling through the halls of General Mills. How can this not make my day?


And our dinners? We didn't have to pull in the reinforcements this week. We made some pizzas using ingredients I picked up at the Mills' company store one night. Grilled a marinated pork tenderloin another night and had a pot roast waiting in the crock pot the third night.

I'm not sure I have even talked about the job I've gone back to. I don't feel like trying to capture much of it right now, but I will tell you that I'm working on Green Giant. I get to help market Green Giant vegetables!!! I'm pretty excited about it. I finally feel like my interests outside of work might be aligning better with what I'm working on at the office. In fact, I was even called an inspiration my first day back. Granted it was in reference to my enthusiasm about fitness and healthful eating, but lucky for me that's part of my job now!

First week was good. I'm hoping the trend continues, because the schedule and expectations only get greater after the first week.


Wren's 1st day of school


No comments:

Post a Comment