Monday, April 23, 2012

Joe Thinks I'm Being Dramatic

We have a few big magnetic chalk boards on our kitchen wall. Mission Control and Art Gallery. I use a portion of one of them for our weekly menu. The boys will look at it and ask "What are we having to eat tonight?" For quite awhile now, it's featured things like this:




This week it looks a little different.



During my maternity leave I packed lunches for the boys nearly every day. I spent a LOT of time digging little Tupperware containers out of the dishwasher & cupboards, filling them with yogurt, fruits & veggies, nuts, raisins and whatnot. Only to, every night, take these dirty Tupperware containers from lunch bags and load them into the dishwasher. The following day was, well, the second verse same as the first.

And then, as I was thinking of how to reduce time spent on daily tasks, it dawned on me. Given that I eat mainly the same things every day, I'd be much better off if I just brought a lot of those things to the office at the beginning of each week instead of packing and unpacking the same stuff every night.

Ready for the week (& hopefully longer).


I think I'm starting to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment