Friday, April 20, 2012

Little Miss DIY





When you've got Joe as a dad (& some might say me as a mom), chances are pretty good that you'll have a little bit of DIY in you. And that she does! Wren seems to be our Little Miss DIY.

It's a good thing, too, because many times Joe and I are pouring milk for the boys or helping to cut their food or refereeing fights and such. Miss DIY is happy to help herself eat. In fact, it seems to be the only way she wants anything to do with eating. If I come within a foot of her face with a spoon in my hand, she's grabbing for it, wanting to do the heavy lifting. A-OK!

I'm not sure how much food actually makes it into her mouth (the spoon makes it to her eyes as often as it does her mouth), and she's still learning what to do with the food that does make it there, but I like that she wants to self feed.



On her 6 month birthday we gave her some Cheerios and bites of banana. I don't think she was able to get any of them into her mouth by herself. And the couple that I put in her mouth got gummed once or twice and fell out.


She'll get a lot more practice eating solids when she starts daycare on Monday. She and her friends have their tiny chairs and she can socialize and learn from the bigger kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment